Monday, November 1, 2010

Today. Boring, right?

Well, it's what I'm going to write about, just as every blogger goes rogue at one point.

Well, tomorrow is voting day for (everyone?) New Hampshire... And my parents (typically) don't know who to vote for. Dad's a democrat, mom's a "left-leaning Independent" -.- Wimpiness. Who are you voting for, if not underage? If you are underage, do you pay attention to this stuff? Are you a democrat? Republican? Answer my questions!

Now on a darker note, I would rant on what happened to ME today, but everyone hates blogs in which one only talks about themselves. So I'll ask you questions tied into my rant. Which won't exactly be a rant. So instead of continually anticipating this rant, let's rant!

Okay, so I just got a new game, Halo Reach. I'm sure you've heard of it (If not, you're either not a nerd or you're completely unconnected from the outside world), and it's rated M for mature. Like, 18 and older (no duh Sherlock). And I was playing Matchmaking, in which you look online throughout Xbox Live, for I have an Xbox 360, and you play and shoot and assassinate people. My dad was working downstairs on something that had to do with wood and Carpentering and some weird pointless thing that randomly stresses him out for no reason at all, and I was like "NOOOOO, I just got assassinated!!!!" He was all "Wha?" Because he doesn't even know how to spell video game, and I said to him "Yeah, in the new Halo someone actually comes up behind you and stabs you/any other form of brutal assassination, unlike the other ones." He said that was ridiculous and I said "Whatever."

Now I don't know what grade anyone is in or what you've studied in Science, but everyone has a stronger side of their brain, right or left, or you can be just about equally strong in both sides. Evidently, if you're right-brained, you pay attention more to one's tone of voice, and your body can interpret that better than anything else, verbally speaking. Also evidently, my father is right-brained (A good question: Do you know what side of the brain you're stronger in?).

He stormed up to me and was like "OFF! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!! YAAAAAUUUUGGGHHHH *explodes*"

Okay, maybe not quite like that. But he was definitely mad. And he looked for the power off button, which is right in the most clear spot of the Xbox, and turned if it off. And I was confused, because I'm right-brained as well, and I didn't sense any tone in my voice. And so he freaked out and was like "This is what this game does to you. You don't even know it!" And he sent me upstairs.

So I can and can't blame him for this. I mean, I'm a teenager, I have hormones, I've gotten no sleep, and I was sitting in front of a TV screen exercising only my fingers. But if he's right-brained and I'm right-brained, how can he sense something and I can't? Is your brain messed up when you're tired or something? I mean, he was tired too, very clearly tired, because he just spent the whole day at work, and he didn't get any sleep last night because of Halloween, and I was at school the whole day and didn't get any sleep over the whole weekend because of the countless hours spent with Devon. Maybe that's why he stormed up to me in the first place, because he was tired and he misinterpreted what I meant by saying whatever.

Whatever it is (Hahahah. hah. hah. Whatever.), I'm not trying to blame anything on anyone, I'm just feeling inquisitive about the whole thing. If anyone would be generous enough to feed me your kind words, I would be eternally grateful (yeah right). Anyway, I shall be leaving.

Forever yours,

-Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment