Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Sleep. And School. Shtuff.

It is 6:00 in the morning right now. My brother and my dad just left for school/work, and did so after my dad yelled/sweared at me about getting more sleep. I had come down at around 5:30, because I wanted to get ahead in my homework, and I had gone to bed relatively early for a school night, 10:00. I go to bed this late because of homework.

His argument was as follows: You need around eight and a half hours of sleep. If you don't finish your homework, too bad. My argument would have been as follows: I have drama, piano lesson, drum lesson, two Jazz bands, the computer is right next to the tv, which is blasted by my mom, and I want to get honor roll in 8th grade at least once or twice. He didn't care.

So is this good parenting? Is this good advice from anyone? I mean, if you're me, or if you're you, what would your priorities be, homework? Or is it sleep? I want to know the answers to these question real soon, because I don't have priorities yet, due to my music obsessiveness, but I need good grades to get good classes in High School, when it counts, and if I get good grades in good classes I'll get to go in better college and all the crap. Would sleep compromise that (Don't know if I'm using the work "compromise" correctly >.>), or is it not a contributing thing at all? There's always time for sleep over the weekend.

And some would argue that sleep means being more efficient in school, doing your homework better, but one hour of sleep really doesn't do all that much. If you got one more hour of sleep, that's one more hour of boredom you won't have to suffer through with homework. That's all it is. And then the homework that you missed you'll have to do the next morning/during school, and I don't have a Study Hall period half the time until last period, which is NO HELP AT ALL.

So is my will to get into a good college starting in middle school a good thing? Should I just not care about middle school and wait until I get to high school to care? Should I murder the STUPID BIPOLAR MS. LAWLER?!?!?!?!?! RAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!

Well, you can leave your response down in the doobly-doo below. In my pants. Aaaand on a brighter note, it's Becca's (one from school) 13th birthday! YAAAAAAYYYYYYYY! Apparently she turned 13 at 2:30... hhrrrrmmm >.>

Anyhoosle.

Forever yours,

-Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment