Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Yah, I know her IRL. WHAT IS THAT?!?!?

Alright. Hi thar. I hazn't updated my blog in a while because I hazn't anything toblog about. I think I may be successful in blogging today, as in the past I've been constantly giving up on the blog or getting distracted. But NOT TODAY my dear friends (no one)!!

Okay, so I am a Nerdfighter. I am constantly chatting with many nerdfighters about THE strangest things, and it's enjoyable and stuff, BUT. Today I was hanging out with a lot of people, three people that I WENT to the library with, and I ran into a lot of people I knew also. And I realized how easy it is to hang out with them, actually running away, actually feeling pain, actually having fun, and I also realized how typing in a computer can get really boring really fast. I went through the *using asterisks is exactly the same as doing the real thing* phase when I was eight, and it slowly crawled to it's death, and I think it just shriveled up and died at my feet.

So anyway, what is better? Someone who has so many friends on the internet, but you really can't hear them laugh and see their faces and hear their voice? Sure there's skype and all, but that's through a screen, it's not the same, not even slightly. And yes, people will argue that it is, you can still see them and hear them, and only a perve would say that feeling them is vital also. But it's not that, it's the fact that you can't actually like, be romantic and hold hands, or be really friendily pissed at a friend and chase them around throwing a steel toed boot at them, and you can't actually glomp someone from behind and twirl them around. You can't do that, and that is the vital part also, the actual interaction involving how you feel when you walk around with them, and buy snacks and see a movie. It's really, quite quite different.

So anyway, when I was eight, I had a best friend online. She was like, ten billion years older than me, but we were still WICKED BUDDIES. And we were on Runescape, which was sort of virtual everything. You could kill stuff together, and shoot monsters, and mine for gold, and do all that crap. But it was virtual. So that's another question: Does that make up for all of the interaction? Does that depend on how you feel interaction actually works? How DO you think it works?

So I knew this person very tightly for a long time, I actually still know her. Except now we text, and we email, we don't play nerdy games. Would that be considered "moving on?" There are so many questions to do with technology, and that really truly is because we haven't even SLIGHTLY figured technology out yet. No one knows the answers to these question FULLY and CLEARLY. Every can say yes or no, anyone can build up on their answer, even every extensively, but there are so many factors, so many little tiny crevices in your hypothesis, and so many in the actual answer. The evolution of technology just took a GINORMOUS jump from here to WAY OVER FREAKING THERE, and we can't catch up to it at all. It's moved on yo how we move around and do stuff in real life, to how we move around and do stuff virtually.

Me being a nerd of course, I go on the computer just as much as I go outside, which is quite a lot, one or two or three hours. And it used to be that I was on the computer all day long. Is that the evolution right there, will people get tired of technology? Will people stop trying to catch up to it? People say that history is always doomed to repeat itself, but things get bigger and the planet your on stays the same size, and soon enough it won't be able to withstand it. Even that can be enlarged exponentially, aliens looking at our planet and saying the same thing. But soon it will spread through out the solar system, maybe even, far far far away, a galaxy. It will build, and you can call it history repeating itself, but the object in which is being destroyed by living inhabitants will eventually get bigger and bigger and the object will eventually be the galaxy, andn it will have consumed itself.

So is this only a 14-year-old's theory? Os is it truth? Anyone who reads this, good luck understanding it. But until next time,

Always yours,

-Alex

PS- That wasn't me being crazy by the way, although I phrased it like that. It's just me thinking about what MIGHT happen, not what will. Sorry bout that...

No comments:

Post a Comment